Equine Flu Notice, Terms and Conditions
Given the recent outbreak of Equine Flu this year, it is necessary for the event organisers/committee to implement certain precautionary measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all equines participating as well as those who live on site. It is important that we are working to minimise the risk of infection.
While Influenza is no longer making newspaper headlines, it has been confirmed to us that the outbreak has reached epidemic status.
1) Up-to-date influenza vaccinations within 12 months are an obligatory condition of entry for the event
2) Horses will be accepted as long as the first two injections were completed before 31st August 2019 to allow the horse a week to recover.
3) Riders will be required to present their passport/vaccination certificate at registration showing the completed course of vaccination
4) Riders must ensure their horse remains in their transport until details have been validated.
5) Riders/Owners not presenting evidence of completed vaccinations will be asked to leave site immediately. A refund will not be issued.